Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Star Spangled Banner

Yesterday (September 14, 2014) was the 200th birthday of our national anthem!  In honor, I put together a PowerPoint that has the lyrics for the song as well as some fun facts about it:
 


I uploaded this onto Teachers Pay Teachers as a PowerPoint so you can download the whole thing here:  Star-Spangled Banner  (FREE!!!)

I did have one comment that said they wished there was music that played along with this.  Unfortunately, because of copyright issues, I couldn't upload any of the versions I have.  But, since it is an editable PowerPoint, you could go ahead and use a version you have if you'd like to go that route.

I used this presentation to talk about the history of the song, and to go through the lyrics and explain what they meant.  We then evaluated different performances of this song:
The kids loved the variety - and they were very surprised by the last one (rock version)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment