Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Seating Charts

I don't know about all you other teachers, but I have a hard time learning all of the names of my kids.  It's especially hard since this is my 4th school in 6 years, and my brain just can't seem to handle all of those names, at least at first.  Somehow, I do seem to learn most of them by the end of the school year, but that's due mostly to me creating seating charts.  If I can look at a name, then look at a face, it really helps me organize my thoughts and somehow the right name sticks with the right student.

This may seem like a no-brainer, and something most of you do already, but I just wanted to share a website I have found that makes seating charts oh-so-easy!  http://www.superteachertools.com/instantclassroom/seating-chart-maker.php
This site allows you to arrange the seats any way you wish (which, as a music teacher, is fabulous because you could arrange them in riser formation, circle formation, etc), and you can change and print it out as much as you like it.  I usually keep a copy of my seating charts in my substitute binder, and they have always said how much it helps.  The best part of all - it's FREE!

I just love free things, don't you?

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment